Thursday, June 25, 2020

Jim McCormac Photography. Finally, my photo website is live!

Over the years, I have amassed a mountain of natural history photos (and other subjects, too). For some time, I've been dreaming of creating a website to showcase these images - and perhaps sell some, too. Photography is not an inexpensive pursuit :-)

Thanks to the talents of my friend Chelsea Gottfried, Jim McCormac Photography is live and on the air, and can be viewed RIGHT HERE. I also have a permanent link to the site at the top right of my blog's homepage. Chelsea was instrumental in figuring out the nuances of my hosting platform, and making everything look great, then teaching me how it all works. I can't thank her enough.

To date, there are over 1,000 images on the site, and I add more almost daily. It will very much always be a work in progress, as I have a backlog of probably at least 10,000 images that are worthy of addition, and I add new material from field forays weekly.

The site is diverse. I have photos representing most groups of eastern North America flora and fauna, and some of those groups will morph into giant repositories. Birds, insects, and flora are perhaps the three most massive groups - or they will be eventually. While many of my subjects are organisms that are quite well known, I am proud to have imagery of a great many species that nearly no one has heard of. Gotta go to bat for the underdogs!

There is also a Nature as Art section. These images, to me at least, are among the most photogenic of my work and might even look good on a wall. To get a flavor of the site and its contents, just open it and let the home page's automated slide show roll. I've got 80 or so images in that and they represent a diverse spectrum of my photography. Just CLICK HERE.

I hope you like the site, and please share it if the opportunity arises.

1 comment:

Woody Meristem said...

Just watched the slide-show on you home page -- beautiful photos. You must be pretty happy with you site, you should be.