Friday, April 4, 2014

Email updates for this blog!

I dropped down to the Birding Optics & Gear Expo tonight, and saw scads of fabulous people, binoculars, scopes and other trappings for outdoor enthusiasts. Be sure to get down there tomorrow or Sunday morning - it's at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center, and the details are RIGHT HERE.

While there, I imposed on Wendy Clark to help me figure out how to add an email update option for this blog. I am a bit of a techno-dunderhead when it comes to this sort of thing. Anyway, she rather quickly sorted the whole thing out and Voila! At the top right of the page, about opposite of the header for the latest blog post is a line "follow by email". Just below that is a box in which you can type your email address, and then click the "submit" button. You'll soon receive an email that includes a link. Click that link and it will confirm that you are now subscribed to the blog.

You'll be notified of any new posts or updated via email. People periodically asked me why I didn't have such a feature, including John, tonight at the Expo. That finally prompted me to buttonhole Wendy and see if she could help. She did, and I am most appreciative! So please, feel free to get news of updates via email!

No comments: