Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jumping Spider!

Not long ago, I came back to my car, and this little guy darted out from between two body panels. Yes! A jumping spider (species unknown)! He ran over to look at me, and I stared back just as intently. After telling it to wait a sec, I bolted the macro lens onto the Canon, and took a shot.

If ever a spider could be called "cute", it would be a jumping spider. After the shoot, I coaxed him onto my finger and liberated the spider into some vegetation. Hopefully it is still out there wreaking havoc on the lesser beasts.

5 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, he is cute. Jumping spiders have always been my nemesis. Maybe I'll rethink that!

Gaia Gardener: said...

I love jumping spiders and often have one living on my kitchen window sill.

Cathy said...

Beyond 'cute' . .
I'd go for 'adorable'.

Such pluck!

Love it when they go into full attack-mode and jump onto my camera lens.

Lori Sorth said...

Oy vay.....Not sure I can even GET into my car today after this!

Anonymous said...

Found one of these guys or gals in the car today. ran up to check me out as well. Could be the same species. Red spot on its upper abdomen and green on its head. Ushered it out the door. it left peacefully :)
East Providence, RI